Thursday, July 12, 2007

Breaking un-News Follow-Up

In one of those moments that makes you proud to be an American, the St. Cloud city council unanimously agreed to defend and uphold the people’s right to vote for their representatives. After a lengthy conversation between the council members and the city attorney concerning all of the council’s options to fill Mike Wetzel’s vacated seat, and after several public comments that were warmly wrapped in patriotism, honor and all that is red, white, and blue, St. Cloud can hold its head high and know that it’s city council put aside their legal ability to appoint a replacement and instead took the high road. In true, American WayneWho fashion, this city may not have a plaque that carries the title but we tip our hats to Osceola County’s true All-America city. St. Cloud city council, thank you for being true Americans and defending the people’s right to vote. Regardless of the outcome of this special election, the people will have chosen their representative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, great job St. Cloud.
You've made us all proud.

Anonymous said...

I have read on the other blogs this morning that it was only rumors floating around about some council members talking about going to an appointment to fill the vacated seat of Mr. Wetzel and then have a special election in January to replace the appointment. It has also been said in some of the blogs as well as e-mails that some are sending out that it was only a rumor that names had been dropped of recently ex-elected officials who would be considered to fill the appointment. These are not rumors. This was the chatter coming from at least one of the Council at a function on the day before this desicion was made. I was standing in the room when the claims were made. I do not think I was the one who told these bloggers about what I heard, but I did tell several people about it because I was in not very happy with what I had heard. Maybe I generated the rumors, I don't know. I am just not sure how you can call something a rumor when it is something that was actually said.

I guess the rumors will fade into the background as we move forward. I am glad to see that we will have a chance to vote on the person who will represent us.

Anonymous said...

The way things work around here, I don't doubt the rumors at all. I don't know what other blogs are saying cause Wayne Who is my only daily source of un-news. It's about time someone calls out all these local political antics.
I am very pleased that the St. Cloud council in a 4-0 vote let the people choose. It is their right to vote for their representatives, regardless of the situation.
I just wish Kissimmee government was as American.
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION KISSIMMEE COMMISH!!!
You might learn a thing or two about how government is supposed to operate by watching the St. Cloud city council.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the other blogs? While WayneWho will remain my favorite, I would still be interested in reading some of the others. Please let me know what the addresses are.

Anonymous said...

I heard several rumors floating around after church this morning about this upcoming election. It seems that the main issue driving possible candidates is a push to pass the "Preserve" housing project through the city. The sad part is that this is the only issue being talked about when we have so many other issues facing St Cloud. I think the "Preserve" project is a horrible waste, and should not be forced on our residents, but there is more facing our City during the rest of this Council term than this one project.

PS. The name of Wayne Who (also refered to several times as "those darn bloggers") was thrown around many times. Keep up the good work.